Hit count 人气指数

Monday, April 27, 2009

Thorny beauty 刺美人




Common name 名称 :
Crown of Thorns
铁海棠,麒麟木,虎刺梅

Scientific name :
Euphorbia milii

Family name :
Euphorbiaceae

Origin 原产地 :
Madagascar 马达加斯加





27 comments:

adriana said...

nice

Mª Angeles B. said...

Preciosa y bonita composicion.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a nice pic.

Greetings from http://silent-passenger.blogspot.com/

Regina said...

Beautiful! Nice delicate blooms and prickly at the same time :)

CP Su said...

Thanks Adriana :)

CP Su said...

Thank you to you too Adrian :)

CP Su said...

Gracias, Mª Angeles :)

CP Su said...

Thank you "Blue", welcome to my blog :)

CP Su said...

Thanks Regina, they are indeed prickly, got a few scratches on my wrist when getting too close to them >"<

Ruth Bernssen Bø said...

Beautiful flower, but I do not want to hold it in my hand....

CP Su said...

Better don't solsikken >"<

Thanks for the comment.

alfonso said...

having a look …

Very nice photos/flowers

...greetings.

CR & LMA.
____________________________

CP Su said...

Thank you CR & LMA :)

Anonymous said...

Not only you are a gifted photographer, but also a man whom knows his flowers and plants.
I mus say I like to see flowers, orchards and trees in the wilderness but most of them I can't tell what they are.

chiruste said...

Beautiful! delicada eterea

CP Su said...

I am flattered by your comment >"<

... reference books (and internet)come handy Ferreira-Pinto my friend.

And some blogger friends are helpful in providing information too.

Some plants/flowers I photographed and posted remain mysteries, their names, I mean *O*

CP Su said...

Thank you chiruste :)

卡拉王子 said...

帶刺卻又高雅美麗,
果然是刺美人哪~

Anonymous said...

I do like the delicate blossoms.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

CP Su said...

想這標題時斟酌了一下,那"刺"字有"形容詞"和"動詞"糢稜兩可之嫌哦>"< ...

不過還是用了"刺"字,比較有"驚悚"傚果!

CP Su said...

Hi Abe, your name reminds me of one historical figure and a great man, reading your self introduction on your blog, I believe you are one too :)

Thanks for your visit and comment.

Unknown said...

very nice! Saludos desde la isla Menorca

CP Su said...

Hola Ana Mª Capó, thank you :)

:.tossan® said...

I am very happy that you returning to visit my blog. My dream is known to Malaysia. Their pictures is phenomenal!

CP Su said...

Malaysia and Brazil have so much in common, both are tropical countries with vast green and natural beauty, to start with :)

Good to know you.

JESUS said...

Hello Su Chua:
A very good composition.
Saludos.
Jesús

CP Su said...

Hola Jesus, thanks for your compliment ...